Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Magnitude--Thanks For My Seasons


It is good to be back to the regular Monday Magnitude Blog! Today I want to magnify Thanksgiving. Not the one we celebrate this week in America, but for me, everyday is a day of thanks and giving.
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away." Ecclesiastes 3:1,4,6
King Solomon, the wisest man who has ever lived on the face of the earth. The king whom God said there shall never be another like him, even he understood that there was a time and a season that we all go through. All seasons even in the Lord are not "highs" We go through challenges, and have times of weeping and losing. But ...

With the Lord, even these times are less than normal. Because He carries us through the valleys, and pulls us up the mountains.

Today my magnitude is to recognize the seasons of life. So how does recognizing Thanksgiving equal seasons of life? I thank my Lord for each season that he challenges me with, and those He allows me to truly enjoy. This week, I will expand my thanks to God for bringing me through every challenge.

No comments: