Saturday, August 2, 2008

Monday Magnitudes - Refining Relics - August 4th




"Most people rust out due to lack of challenge. Few people rust out due to overuse."

Author Unknown


When I lived in the western United States, it was always fun to go to the country, roam around the fields of wild flowers. Each day we were thrilled to watch the panoramic paintbrush of God in the sky at sunrise and again at sunset. Everything was like the first time. Each visit brought new and yet to be explored beauty and wonder.


However, I am also reminded of stumbling upon old campgrounds and log cabins that had long ago been abandoned. The contents mostly gone and an occasional cup or pot left for the seasonal rains to fill, the winter snows to freeze, and the sun to warm the now rusted tin.

Photobucket


Being a collector and enjoying the simple pleasures of country living, those relics are treasures. This Monday Magnitude is about the joy of picking up what seems a relic, seeing the beauty in it and making something useful.


Today I say bring on the challenges of life, expand me, stretch me—let me become useful in ways I didn't know. Teach me the things that I might not understand and bring wisdom into my vessel that it continually be renewed.


"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:3


No comments: